Thursday, March 4, 2010

Never Alone When You Have Memories


I have to tell you that although I travel alone more than most, I never feel alone because I always have the voices and memories of friends in my head. Today these people had their moment in my day.

Rayleen : I saw a woman begging on the street and remembered the lady at the Vatican with her brains exposed. Many pieces of our crazy Italy trip have crossed my mind.

Tiffani : As I walked through a part of town that was rather sketchy I heard Tiff's voice in my head saying "We could see this shit in LA - why did we fly 6,000 miles for a fu**in burrito?". It truly did look like pieces of LA.

Walt : In the middle of all the history and old town charm there popped out of the horizon a massive Hard Rock Cafe attached to a modern furniture store. Walt would have been overly excited at this mini-mall and would want a t-shirt from Hard Rock (you didn't get one, sorry)

PJ : I had lunch at a restaurant next to HOT BOD park called La Moderna. Their logo was the Vitruvian Man. At some point during training PJ used this reference in his instruction -- and I realized how random he really is today... in a good way of course

Mona : It's her birthday and I searched for a special rock for her stream of dreams to go along with to rock from New Zealand.

Jorge : Jorge's voice was in my head during the entire Milonga. I am so thankful he prepared me for the culture and traditions. I also heard him saying "are you going to sit there all night or go out there an dance?!!"

1 comment:

  1. As soon as I saw the V man, I knew it was a reference to something that I said, or referred to-- problem is, I say so much weird shit, I can't remember the context! It's probably past midnight over there but you may read this in the morning. Can you do me a favor?? Please find out which way the toilet flushes. Clockwise, or counterclockwise? Miss your face. Take pictures! E A T S T E A K!!! Argentina (Buenos Aires) is famous for their beef. One last thing... and this one is serious: Do not enter any elevators with men with long hair.

    Enjoy your stay and stay as long as you can! You have a whole plane ride back to determine what "illness" you contracted before you head back to work.

    ReplyDelete